- History of Menstruation
- Do Animals Menstruate?
- Menstruation and Religion
- Transgendered men & menstruation
- Menstruation Facts
- Menstruation in the Ancient World
- Menstruation Machine for Guys
- The Destructive Powers of Menstruation
- Do girls have to reach a certain weight before they begin…
- Menstruating women in religious temples
Category Archives: Menstruation Restrictions
Menstruating women in religious temples
Most religions have menstrual rules and restrictions. Some religions, but not all, prohibit menstruating women from entering their religious temples because they are seen as religiously unclean. Personally, I have a problem with women being barred from religious events for a … Continue reading
Posted in Menstruation Restrictions, Religion and Menstruation Tagged menstrual taboos 10 Comments
Menstrual taboos: why is menstrual blood seen as dangerous?
Menstrual taboos exist in most cultures (most cultures view menstrual blood as potentially dangerous & place restrictions around it). In the past, Western (male) anthropologists held that such taboos existed because menstrual blood was seen as polluted and unclean. More recently, some female … Continue reading