- History of Menstruation
- Do Animals Menstruate?
- Menstruation and Religion
- Transgendered men & menstruation
- Menstruation Facts
- Menstruation in the Ancient World
- Menstruation Machine for Guys
- The Destructive Powers of Menstruation
- Do girls have to reach a certain weight before they begin…
- Menstruating women in religious temples
Tag Archives: menstruation taboos
Menstrual taboos: why is menstrual blood seen as dangerous?
Menstrual taboos exist in most cultures (most cultures view menstrual blood as potentially dangerous & place restrictions around it). In the past, Western (male) anthropologists held that such taboos existed because menstrual blood was seen as polluted and unclean. More recently, some female … Continue reading
The 9 Social Etiquettes of Menstruation
Norma O’Flynn did a qualitative study (published in 2006) about menstrual etiquette in society (Menstrual symptoms: the importance of social factors in women’s experiences). In her study, she found 9 rules of social behaviour concerning menstruation: